New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Friday, March 30, 2012

Creamy Avocado Pesto Pasta - Pasta Week # 3


Recipe tried out on Sept 2011.

I had 6 avocadoes that I know not what to do with it. One afternoon, I saw this recipe and I told myself to go buy some sweet basil on the next grocery trip.

I made this one afternoon, kept the other half of avocado cream for another meal. Creamy and Delicious!
Healthy too!



Creamy Avocado Pesto Pasta
Recipe source: Dinners Dishes and Desserts
Serves 2

150gm pasta of choice
1 avocado (I used 1 Hass)
25gm sweet basil (1/2 pack of sold in supermarkets), take the leaves only
1 clove garlic
1 tsp salt (use less if you intend to finish this up yourself, but I’m dressing enough pasta for 2)
1 Tbsp lemon/lime juice
Pepper to taste
*you can add some olive oil, but I didn’t.

1. Cook pasta according to packaging’s instructions.
2. While you are cooking your pasta, prepare the avocado cream. Blitz everything else into a paste (I used the mill attachment with my stand blender).
3. When pasta is done and drained, mix the avocado cream and toss well. Add some pasta cooking water if it's too dry. Or milk if preferred. Sprinkle with more pepper if you like


Tadah! Easy?
          Let's take a slurp...............

25 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic...I love avocado over pasta! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice addition of avocado to pesto.. green green same same.. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyndsey,
    Thanks


    Swee San,
    Haha, yawoh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this healthy pasta!!, yum yum..If top up with a piece of grill salmon, lagi sedap..but luxury a bit, hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. Haha..another recipe for avocado. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. anything with avocado in it, sure to be a healthy one. But unfortunate, I wasn't the in thing for avocado.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. EVC,
    No, the avocado here adds the "nuttiness" factor, but I'd say, pine nuts still taste better.


    Sonia,
    can can..


    Cass,
    Collecting avocado recipes huh, LOL



    Mel,
    I dun tell u, u also won't know it's in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm! more avocado! And on pasta too! I have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this easy recipe. I will try .

    Can I clarify, when you said you use 1 Avocado (1Hass)..its means you use up 1 "Biji" or half side only?

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi wendy, so 1 avocado can yield enough paste for 4 pax? always wanted to try out an avocado recipe and this looks perfect! .. mama

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your pictures, all the food looked fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice color of the pasta. Unusual compares to the normal red tomato paste and yellow cheesie one. Green certainly promotes "healthy". Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sharon,
    hope u like it


    Little Lamb,
    Hass is a variety of Avocado, just like granny smith is a variety of apple. I did not mean Half.
    Hope this clears your doubt.


    Experimental Cook,
    to the person who discovered this, that person is the genius, not me, LOL


    mama,
    as said in the recipe, "serves 2"
    double it if you want to feed 4 adults



    Loveforfood,
    thansk


    yvonne,
    Oh yes, this is 100% healthy, nothing hidden behind to trick,LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i've always had pesto with basil and parmesan only, but now that i see your recipe, i'm thinking, why haven't i thought about using avocado before! sure looks yummy and i can imagine the creaminess would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. a big ' slurrrrppp ' for me, that's a very clever idea of making pesto. you know, i never tried using my mill attachment to blend stuff like that, i thought they wouldnt move!! LOL! when there's no water added, i usually use food processor but sometimes very small amt, also very leceh!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wah, yummy...i think best to serve with pine nut. :oP

    ReplyDelete
  17. wah.... creamy textures made super creamy with avocado!!! must try one day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. slurp, slurp! can finish that plate easily, I like the color of this pasta:D

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't tried this before. But it sure looks v appetizing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh! Avocado pasta?! That's so delicious!! My mouth is already watering Wendy!! What a decadent meal!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ive never used avocado like this . It looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Wendy, just to let you know that I have tried the above recipe and it tasted good (at least for me). I didnt use it for pasta. Instead I use it as a spread over my bread. Will be coming here more often when you have easy-peasy recipes to share. Thanks again and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. LittleLamb,
    That sounds delish, on bread!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...