New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Monday, January 26, 2015

Cranberry Orange Cookies



Yummy! My hubby said these were so good. It was at Peabody's site that I first came to know of these cookies.

I like the refreshing taste of orange in this, with chewy cranberry bits that contrasts with the crisp cookie. The orange sugar coating adds some glitter to its outlook.




I had to hide this jar of cookie up on the refrigerator , away from the hands of my kids so that I can control how much they can eat in a go.

Since the cookie only uses the zest, and quite a lot of zest, I used the juice to make popsicles for the kids. Double the joy! Cookies and popsicles, my kids were the happiest bunch in the house.



Cranberry Orange Cookies

Reference: Land O Lakes

160gm salted butter
100gm icing sugar (original recipe 200gm)
1 small egg
250gm plain flour
1.5tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp orange zest
80gm dried cranberries, chopped
50gm pistachios or macadamia, chopped

Orange sugar
80gm sugar
1 Tbsp orange zest

1. Prepare orange sugar. Mix sugar with orange zest. Set aside.
2. Sift flour together with baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
3. Cream butter with icing sugar and egg until creamy and smooth.
4. Pour half the sifted flour and orange zest into the creamed butter and mix until just combined.
5. Mix the remaining flour with chopped cranberries and pistachios and pour into the dough. Mix until just combined.
6. Take 1/2 Tbsp of dough and shape into balls. Roll them in the orange sugar. Place the balls 2 inches apart on a lined baking tray. (I made 60 pcs)
7. Flatten each ball with the bottom of a glass.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 160(fan)/180C for around 13 to 15 minutes until the edges are lightly golden.





Cookies are normally dunked in cold milk to enhance the taste... but as for this cookie... dunk it into freshly squeezed orange juice, and I went to heaven. Yummy!






24 comments:

  1. do you think those orange zest are safe for kids since pesticides or insecticides may have been used during the growing process? and wax covering them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy organic orange or another cheaper alternative use the fruit and vegetable to wash your fruit

      Delete
    2. Beehoon, Thankyou very much for your helping me to reply.

      Delete
  2. Wendy,
    I bought the macadamia nuts. Do I have to toast in the oven before using it?

    Regards,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh wendy google and saw ur chiku post 4 years ago. can i ask like the ones that we fried ourself right can we keep for a long time or must finish it like within afew days or something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy,

    Xie xie!

    Regards,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your baking pages as the recipes always simple but results marvellous. we, baking newbies, always intimidated by long list of ingredients in books & other 'ang moh' food blogs. .can I use self-raising flour instead in case run out of baking soda/powder?

    ReplyDelete
  6. tsc,
    I'm afraid that self raising flour has too much baking powder in it, and no baking soda.
    There are recipes with long lists of ingredients on my blog too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. tks for your prompt reply. more often than not, I skip the long recipes. maybe I try yours now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Wendy,

    I just made a batch of these cookies but without orange sugar (don't fancy it too sweet). Then I realized that CNY is still 2 weeks away! Actually how long can I keep it fresh at room temperature? Any any storage tips? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Wendy,

    I baked the cookies yesterday. Taste great! Thanks for sharing the recipe and this CNY we will not be eating the same old same old cookies again. lol.

    Regards,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Evelyn,
    All dry crispy cookies can stay at room temp air tight for very long... few months if you keep them air tight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Wendy,

    Can I use castor sugar instead of icing sugar and almond nut flakes instead?

    Thanks
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynn,
    Yes you can use castor sugar, not an issue.
    Almond flakes... where?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Wendy,
    I meant can I use almond flakes instead of macadamia or pistachios nuts? Because I have them ;)
    Thanks for your reply.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lynn,
    Yeah you can use almond flakes if you want. Just chop them up before putting in the dough

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Wendy,

    Do you think I can freeze this cookie dough and bake on another day? If yes, do I bake at the same temperature and timing ?

    Thank you
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lynn,
    I have never tried that. But it should work. But making the dough isn't difficult, just that shaping will take the most time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Wendy

    Do you use sweetened or unsweetened dried cranberries?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, don’t see the orange zest mentioned in method apart from the orange sugar instruction

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...