New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Pink Dragon Fruit Jelly 2 (火龙果冻 2)



As I mentioned in the previous dragon fruit jelly posting, I'll do this again with modifications.
And yes I did! This time, more flavourful.

Ingredients:
1 cup of red dragon fruit puree (pureed with a fork)
2 tbsp lemon juice

6 cups water
400 gm honey (depends on the sweetness of your honey)
2 tbsp agar-agar powder (about 16gms)

Method:
1. Puree dragon fruit flesh with a fork. Mix in lemon juice.
2. Bring 5 cups water to a boil, mix agar-agar powder with 1/2 cup water and pour in. Rinse the container where the agar was mixed in with the last 1/2 cup water and pour in. Simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off fire.
3. Pour in honey and mix well.
4. Mix in fruit puree and pour into moulds to cool down.
5. Chill in the fridge.



8 comments:

  1. After trying your recipe, I tried the konnyaku jelly version last week, turned out alright...same la i mean, except the springy texture. Just one thing, i used the Konnyaku powder (Jim Willie's)sold in Tesco, on package, was told to mix powder with fine sugar b4 adding bit by bit into boiling water. i din folo coz was using rock sugar, in the end there were lumps of konnyaku at the bottom of my jelly. Why huh? the powder sold at hypermarts diff from those at bakery shops?...i mean apart from the malic acid added la...? I remember when we used in KL, it wasnt so difficult to melt leh...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If u're using konnyaku u have to mix with sugar, just like the way I did my mango pudding.
    If u're using rock sugar, next time, mix the konnyaku with 2 tbsp of fine sugar first. The rest of the sweetening can be done with rock sugar. Konnyaku tends to lump if not dispersed well, and coating the sugar with the konnyaku powder helps to disperse it well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OIC...the first time i made your red dragon fruit jelly, din follow your measurements exactly, dump one whole dragon fruit n one whole lemon in it, n... it was so yummy!!! i love it!! My son ate a lot, my hubby who hated red DF took quite some of it too, n the best part is my MIL who was a wet blanket when i told her i'm making such a jelly by saying: "What jelly ah is this? where nice?" U know wat? she's the one who love it so much that she keep commenting about it even 3 days after it's finished!! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm again a bit hooked on jellies recently, any other ideas on fruit jellies? do you think blended mango puree work? was thinking its a great way of making my son eat some fruits--by adding them into jellies...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll post u another jelly recipe today, but, not fruit based.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find adding more lemon juice (and of coz more sugar) makes the jelly nicer. Maybe i like the lemon taste to be stronger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wendy, can u tell me what brand of agar agar powder u use? Thank u

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ayu,
    Mermaid brand, AAA or AA. A grade is no good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...