New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Friday, April 27, 2012

Hot and Spicy Mayonnaise Prawns - Prawns Week # 3


Recipe tried out: Nov 2011

Another spicy prawn??
Err.. sorry if you hate spicy food.

I think I might have overdosed on the mayo, hence, these prawns look heavily coated unlike love2cook's, of which looks perfect for me. I prefer hers.

But for those of you who love mayo, then throw that white grease in.

I made some minor changes to the recipe, that is in the marinating ingredients. I halved the recipe accordingly but then I forgot to half my mayonnaise. See, that's why it's so thickly coated. 

The prawns are very delicious right after frying, I tried so hard resisting stealing one, but I gave in. LOL.


I'm not a mayo person,  a bit is fine, but this seems too much for me, but my hubby and BIL loves mayo. And these mayo lovers licked up every bit of the gravy (yes, I exagerated, they only tried to scoop up whatever they could). My MIL will love this dish, but when I cooked this, she was still in US. I have yet made this for her to try. If she is around, I bet she'll go through every lemon grass bit, sucking up every trace of the gravy. LOL! I know she will love this.



Hot and Spicy Mayonnaise Prawns
Recipe adapted with minor modifications from:  love2cook

500gm prawns ( I used XL, about 18 pcs)
Marinade:
1/3 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
½ egg
1 Tbsp Potato starch

1cm ginger (about 4 slices) julienned
2 lemon grass, thinly sliced into longish strips
½ Tbsp bird’s eye chilli (as much as you prefer)
2 heaped Tbsp chilli sauce (I used Maggi)
1 tsp light soy sauce
½ tsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
2 Tbsp water
1 heaped Tbsp mayonnaise (I'll reduce to 1 Tbsp level next time)

1. Peel prawns, leaving tail intact. Devein prawns, rinse and pat dry. Marinate prawns for 15 minutes.
2. Heat a wok, put in 1 cup of oil and fry prawns until golden. Drain the prawns and pour away most of the oil
3. With about 1 Tbsp of oil remaining, saute ginger and lemon grass until fragrant, add in chilli and fry until you can smell the chilli.
4. Put in chilli sauce, soy sauce, sugar, salt and water. Let it come to a boil.
5. Return prawns to wok and toss everything.
6. Turn off the heat and put in mayonnaise. Toss and dish up.

19 comments:

  1. Wendy, I cannot tahan anymore, love all your cooking for this week :D So delicious ... what can I do just drooling infront of my computer :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy , I always like your presentation ... dunno when lar I am gonna be as creative as you... Maybe should organise potluck so we can meet up and you can teach me some new skill... LOL. Another "must try " recipe. I did try some of your recipe but I am yet to post it up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cook some prawns today but they look nothing like this. Yours look so much better. Finger licking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look simply delicious this dish! Yeah, sometimes we make a blunder when adding in the ingredients. Well, as long as it turns out delicious, it doesn't matter, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. DG,
    Haha... why want to tahan?


    Small Kucing,
    Use tissue :)


    Abbygail,
    As long as you neatly lay the food, and cook it properly, it will look good.
    Potluck, ok, I wonder when the next one will be. But it's never on the spot cooking, so u will not see me demoing



    Gert,
    What prawns are those? Whatever you cook also nice la.


    Mel,
    It was too much for me... but ok for others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh!!! The mayo!!! This is sinful can? But I think my husband will love it. But I can't take chilli now. Sore throat. I will cook it when I gets better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. can i replace it with chicken?i can not eat prawn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...they looks delicious :) slurrrp !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annie,
    Later... wait til u are well.


    Hody,
    Should be fine, I think boneless chicken thigh meat will be great!


    Elin,
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wendy, I'm swallowing my saliva real hard when i read the post and see the pics!! Look so mouthwatering!!! I'm a mayo lover too! Heeee. Sorry, what's bird eye chilli?

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love mayo, i will probably lick the prawns clean first and then eat!forget about manners..

    ReplyDelete
  12. stumbled upon your blog. what a great blog with a lot of delicious recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. to the contrary-never enough of spicy food:)
    nice presentation!


    Life and travelling
    Cooking

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks finger-licking good. I will try with chicken as DH is allergic to prawns.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Wendy..glad you tried this recipe. I don't eat prawns but my hubby and son loved this dish. Yours looking way too good still...;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've made this dish twice already and it turned out awesome!!..i must say i couldnt go easy with the mayonnaise though!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...