New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Friday, May 16, 2014

Ribbon Pakoda - AFF Indian Snacks #2


Now.... my college of Indian ethnicity got a shock when I showed her my ribbon pakodas. To her pakodas don't look like this, hehehe. And even my omapodi that I posted on Monday, she told me omapodi here is usually made much thicker. After some discussion with her... even murukkus are different. We love adding coconut milk to the dough. Hahaha. But it's not common in India.



My murukku press has the right disc for this snack, and so, what am I waiting for, I should try making this!
With the press, it's pretty much a breeze to make and fry. Less than 15 minutes and I'm all done!

I put in less chilli powder because I was worried about my kids, but with this amount, they complained not even a bit.


Ribbon Pakoda
Reference: Anubhavati 

120gm rice flour
30gm chickpea flour
1/2 tsp chilli powder or more
1/2 tsp salt
100ml water
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 Tbsp butter

1. Mix asafoetida with water. Strain.
2. Mix dry ingredients together, make sure the chilli powder is well dispersed.
3. Put in butter and asafoetida water. Knead to form a dough.
4. Heat oil for frying on medium heat. Press the dough into the hot oil and fry until no bubbles are seen.



80% of the recipe...


I am submitting this to Asian Food Fest Indian Subcontinent Month

6 comments:

  1. Now I know what these are called! I always just refer to them as muruku. They look really good! By the way, how did they turn out? Sometimes the muruku I make comes out a bit hard, not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautifully made, very flowy, just like ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fern,
    I do find that if the heat is a bit way too low, it turns out harder. Not much expansion,.. hence dense.
    But I'm not an expert making these,... just found out this the hard way, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huwaa..tqvm again

    another favrite kerepek

    i never know the name

    my aunty bikin this in sabak bernam, i just know how to order and how to eat

    tqvm beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i did last week, very hard and unsuccessful. any idea to make it soft?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...